The eyes become prominent after the age of 30 with the age of 50, this is one of the areas that exhibit the most signs of aging in our body. Over the years, our eyes get noticed, an old image settles in, and this appearance can upset you.
- Do not use make-up materials at least 7 days prior to cosmetic surgery. The chemicals found in makeup materials can affect the healing process, from incisions in the skin.
- Do not color your hair at least 7 days prior to Eye Lid Lift plastic surgery. The chemicals within the paint will damage your skin through incisions and affect your healing process.
- Do not take any aspirin or ibuprofen medicines or supplements at least 15 days before Eyelid Lift plastic surgery (Motrin, Advil, Aleve). These medications can affect the coagulation of the blood.
- Quit smoking at least 30 days before the Eyelid Lift plastic surgery. Nicotine. Slows the process of recovery. You should also stop using herbal medicines. May affect blood coagulation.
- You should stop using diet pills at least two weeks before Eyelid Lift plastic surgery. These medications may interfere with blood clotting and cause complications related to blood pressure, heart rhythm and breathing. Substances such as alcohol should be discontinued at least two days prior to Eyelid Lift plastic surgery.
- Do not take medication without our doctors' consent.
1 Night Before Operation / Operation Day
- Do not eat food or drink 6 to 8 hours before surgery.
- Wear comfortable clothing, such as a zipper, and leave valuables at the hotel prior to eye lifting.
- Prior to Eyelid Lift plastic surgery, remove contact lenses and avoid makeup.
Operations Stages and Duration
Eyelid surgery can be performed only upper eyelid or only lower eyelid depending on the condition of person , surgery can be done for both upper eyelid and lower eyelid together.The operation takes between 1-3 hours depending on the area.The surgery can be performed under general or local anesthesia .The anesthesia type will be determined by our specialist considering the demand of our patients.
- Swelling and bruising can occur following eyelid lifting.
- Recovery from these surgeries can take 15 days or more.
- Avoid excessive facial movements such as coughing and sneezing during the first seven days of Eyelid Lift plastic surgery.
- Limit your post-operative movements.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight.
- Sleep or rest upright.
- Avoid bending and lifting heavy objects for up to 30 days after Eyelid Lift plastic surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for a minimum of 30 days.
- Avoid sexual activity for at least 15 days following Eyelid Lift plastic surgery.
Use ice and cold packs on your face, following the instructions of our doctors.